EIPHI graduate students will access to several technological infrastructures (including cleanrooms) and technical platforms allowing them to carry out many experimental works with high-level scientists.
MIMENTO si a national level clean room microfabrication facility of 1400 m2 belonging to the RENATECH national network
– Nanotechnology (nano-engraving, nano-lithography, etc.),
– Micromanufacturing (3D structures, piezoelectric materials, hybrid micromechanics)
– Quartz-tech, industrial production line for piezoelectric micro-nano components
– Photonic components and systems (up to 500GHz bandwidth and 40Gb/s data link test bench)
– Nanophotonics fabrication and characterization
Laser treatment of materials, metallurgy including powder metallurgy and metallurgy of assemblies such as welding (FLAIR, Dijon)
– Unique at the national level
– Study of strategic, clean, and renewable way for electric energy production, aiming to fuel cell testing for diagnostic and prognostic with advanced energy management approaches.
Micro-nano-robotics for future micro-assembled hybrid systems (ROBOTEX, Besançon)
ROBOTEX draws on 15 research laboratories and it is structured in 5 thematic sub-networks :
Production robotics, Mobile robotics, Medical robotics, Micro-Nanorobotics, Humanoid Robotics and Natural Interactions
Building a network of experts, FIRST-TF (Facilities for Innovation, Research, Services, Training in Time & Frequency) supports collaborative projects in Time & Frequency metrology with a broad spectrum of applications, from fundamental physics to satellite-based positioning systems. In the current socio-economical context where synchronization-related problems are omnipresent, encouraging laboratory innovations and ensuring effective technology transfers are of high importance for the network. Finally, the FIRST-TF network coordinates opportunities in teaching as well as tools for lifelong learners, the general public and school audiences on space-time metrology, a fascinating topic at the crossroads of several disciplinary fields.
Around 60 laboratories, companies and technical agencies are now part of the FIRST-TF network, with 5 founding members: SYRTE, FEMTO-ST, LPL, UTINAM, GEOAZUR. These five laboratories devote an important part of their research on time & frequency metrology, but also on developing services destined to professionals (in the industrial or the scientific realm) and to the general society (legal time). FIRST-TF’s partners are engaged both in upstream (R&D) and downstream activities.
Partners : 18 public labs, CNES, RENATER (NREN), IDIL (private company)…
REFIMEVE+ (REseau FIbré MEtrologique à Vocation Européenne+) is based on the technology developed by LPL and SYRTE for the ultra-stable frequency transfer over long-haul fibers on a public network.
– Oscillator instability measurement platform unique at the national level
– World class rf ultra-stable oscillators are operated, to investigate fundamental physics or develop the next generation TF references for satellite navigation, high bit rate telecommunication, and synchronized sensor and energy networks.
The Oscillator-IMP project targets at being the world-leader facility dedicated to the measurement of noise and short-term stability of oscillators and devices in the whole radio spectrum (from MHz to THz), including microwave photonics, widely available to Agencies, to research institutions and to private companies in the spirit of global competition and economy. The scope spans from routine measurements to the research on new oscillators, components, and measurement methods.